Post by cudy on Aug 9, 2021 19:27:21 GMT
Hi, here a little spoiler...
THEA500 Mini specs is:
THEA500 Mini specs is:
- CPU:Alwinner H6 SoC, equivalent to A53, thats what's recommend to use with Amiberry.
- GPU:Mali T720 instead of Mali 450 SoC part of H6 as one package.
- RAM: 512MB 2x 128x16 256mb NT5CB128M16FP-DI chips - Download Datasheet PDF.
- NAND: 256mb KIOXA(TOSHIBA) TC58NVG1S3HT A00 Chip like THEC64 Mini Download Datasheet
- PMIC: Power Management Unit - its not a PMIC, its a dummy IC so a fake PMIC - A8038 0278100S - its probably a DC to DC convertor like on THEC64 Maxi, the maxi does not use a PMC too, cheaper option, What's on THEC64 Maxi PCB Board - Ry1314.
The PMC is different to the one used in the OPI3 LTS(AXP805 PMIC) and the only part that has no details and looks weird so could give THEA500 Mini a power problem down the line, if this part blows then no power to the PCB, it looks like a cheaper Chinese part, I found it in Whatsminer(bitcoin) Boards here - www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/Parts-Tools-Details.asp?ID=2734
On THEC64 Mini PCB board it uses a PMIC AXP209, the proper part.
It weird is has no details because most ICs do and if they do not that means the part is not really used a lot.
The A8038 IC is in this box too - Eachlink H6 Mini - linux-sunxi.org/Eachlink_H6_MiniThe box does not seem to come with the usual AXP 805 PMIC (typically bundled with the H6). There is an IC which looks like a PMIC, judging by the coils and the many SMD components around it. However it is much smaller than the AXP and has a rather cryptic label "A8038 8099330k". The BSP log features "probe axp is dummy" and "no pmu exist".
- Emulator: Amiberry, Carousel Skyline, Manhattan.
- GUI: THEA500 Carousel Skyline, Manhattan, made with Flashlight library, like THEC64 Carousel, uses parts of its source code.
- Probably uses SDL2 for controller and Mouse cause emulator is Amiberry cause it can load WHDLoad games from a lha file, Amiberry can load from lha/zip files too.
- Emulates A500, A600 & A1200 (ECS/OCS/AGA Chipsets.
- Save & resume your progress at any time, uses uss save states same as Amiberry.
- 25 classic Amiga games, including all-time greats like Alien Breed, Another World, Chaos Engine, Simon the Sorcerer and Worms includes a favorites carousel screen for games you like the most.
- Add your own games via WHDLoad.
- 720p HD display, at 50 Hz (Europe) or 60 Hz (USA)
- Multiple scaling options and CRT filter
- Virtual keyboard, and USB keyboard support, Comes with THEGamepad(its like the Amiga CD32 pad) and THEMouse(its like the Amiga Tank mouse but a bit smaller so it fits in a small hand...mmm).
- Upgradable firmware v1.1.1
Power supply recommended: 5v 3A.
Might work with a Raspberry PI PSU 5.1v 3A, but no higher, because of its PMU IC, you could overload it and blow it, this is why all RGL machines should have there own PSU, you can not treat it like its a mobile phone, it needs the right Volts and Amps to function correctly, it does not work with all phone chargers because of there voltage and amps(5v 1A) it depends on the charger, you have to add a USB Hub to it to use a USB Keyboard with it because it only has 3 USB ports so 5 devices are connected(1 The USB Keyboard, 2 USB Stick, 3 THEGamepad, 4 THEMouse and 5 The USB Hub) plugged into it from powering it on so it will struggle with a 5v 1A phone changer(Samsung white phone chargers are terrible with it, not not use them), most mobile phone changers are 5v 1A because they are only used to charge a Smartphone or Tablet only, they do have fast changing mode on them but thats not use because that is 12v and has to be turn on by the phone using it, thats how it charges the phone quicker by using a higher voltage in the charger to charge the phone in 1 hour instead of 4 hours.
The Power adapter from the Amazon Fire Stick works OK, I tried it on mine THEA500 Mini and its working OK on it so far.
All theses RGL Minis and Full Size machines are based on Android boxes, that why when you press the power button to turn it off it goes to standby so waiting for you to press the remote or power button to take it out of standy, make sure it unplugged from the mains when you are not using it, it even uses a Android kernal like all the other RGL machines.
Look for a PSU Adapters on Amazon or eBay with 5v 3A on it or look for PSU Adapters for RPI4 5.1v 3A, Raspberry PI4 has a USB -C Type connector on it like THEA500 Mini does, the older versions don't.
THEA500 Mini Main Board with Allwinner H6(A mock up picture, H6 SoC added to its PCB board so might be upside down because the PCB is upside down, no one has taken its heatsink off so we do not know this is just a guess of what it might look like under the heatsink.)
Pre order links
GAME UK, ArgosUK, Amazon US, Gamestop.
Posted by c64stuff
Remember sometimes Amazon UK will let you ship to the US even though it says you can't under the product, but you'll see that option and be allowed to at checkout, and on other days it won't let you. Very odd but I've heard people say that in the past about the C64 Maxi or other products.
THE Carousel(click on one of them for a close up)