A once in a decade retro product, can't wait for the MAXI Jun 9, 2022 15:30:19 GMT spannernick likes this
Post by subarubrat on Jun 9, 2022 15:30:19 GMT
The guys at Retrogames have absolutely killed it with the new Commodore line, products like this only seem to come alone once a decade or so. If manufacturers spent their efforts on creating compelling quality products that did what the user wanted Vs fighting the consumer by trying to deny options to force you into settling on their junk we might have more such products. I probably have every ROM ever dumped, but when a quality product comes along like the Atari FB2 with its guerilla cartridge support or the NES mini, I will still buy them even if it doesn't do anything that my Retropi rig doesn't already do with its "pirated" ROM library. The C64 mini/maxi and now the A500 mini have excelled at providing a well made product that solved many of the annoyances of regularly using vintage hardware and have made no effort to impede the owner from running their games library.
When the C64 mini came out I bought it, then the Maxi and while the mini has become a shelf dweller (I got every penny worth of use before the maxi arrived) the Maxi has replaced my entire C64 rig. I had a C64 with tape/1541/HDMI/15412SD/etc and now that whole setup is replaced on my desk with a maxi for daily use. When the A500 mini was announced I thought I might just wait for the maxi but who am I kidding, the mini has been a great gadget and I can always grab a second one to cannibalize to build my own maxi if it never comes to be.
If retrogames monitors this forum for customer feedback I want to put in my requests for features in a maxi Amiga and some things for the C64.
1. Internet support for the Amiga, and the C64. I would love to BBS on my C64 maxi, and the Amiga was still very much alive at the dawn of the internet.
2. An internal speaker upgrade for the C64 would be nice, even as a USB dongle with a speaker module.
3. A line level RCA type audio output on a full sized Amiga would be awesome! Even solder pads for DIY of an analog audio option would be great.
4. Probably a long shot, but a maxi tower Amiga like a 4000 would be irresistible.
5. Awesome idea selling the Amiga mouse, how about a matching keyboard?
Any word on a full sized Amiga release date?