Post by spannernick on Jul 19, 2020 16:43:38 GMT
You need the full version first cause it has Java Runtime included and PCU Game Manager don't work without it.
This was designed to work with Project Carousel USB, which is now included.
(Updated 09 June 2021) PCU Game Manager version 1.8.0 is released.
Just been added:
- Multiple selection support in the game list. You can select multiple games with CTRL+click or SHIFT+click. Delete (CTRL+D) and mark/unmark favorite (CTRL+F12) works for multiple games at once.
- New option to include games that is missing an executable game file when importing from gamebase. A default Vice snapshot file file is used that shows a message "game file missing". They are also marked with the view tag "missing". This makes it possible to create a game view "viewtag contains missing" to easily filter them out in PCU Game Manager.
- Manadatory fields for a game is now title, game file and one screenshot. Previously you also had to add a cover and two screenshots before saving the game.
- Two new "missing" cover files are used for missing covers, one for C64 and one for Vic-20 games.
- Support for multiple game entries with the same title. Covers, screens and game files get's a number suffix to avoid name collisions.
- New option to add a duplicate game entry when the title matches an existing game in the database during import.
- New menu option to reload current game view (shortcut: F5). Usefult if you want to sort the game list after adding a game.
- New import feature to import games from gamebase 64 or gamebase vic-20. More information is available in the wiki dokumentation.
Game view improvements:
- Gamefile field is added to the filters when creating a game view to be able to filter on disk, tape or cartridge games.
- All description fields are added to the filters and the operators "is empty" and "is not empty" to be able to filter out games with missing descriptions.
- New UI field for a game: View tag. The view filter also contains this field. This can be used to create a custom view with games that does not match on the other fields. For example: GB64 contains over 1100 boulderdash clones. Some of them uses custom graphics. If you want to create a view with boulderdash games but only the ones using original graphics you can add a custom tag to the View tag field (e.g. boulder-og) for the ones you want and then create a view filter that only include the games with this tag available.
I have tested the gamebase import function with both Gamebase64 and gamebase Vic-20. If you find any bugs or problems post here.
- Re-designed the UI to be able to support smaller screen resolutions. If the height of the window is below 800 pixels a scrollbar will appear for the joystick and system settings area. A width of 1300 pixels is required to be able to see everything.
- Support for undo/redo in all text fields. Each field has it's own history.
- All text fields in the UI have a right-click popup menu with copy/cut/paste/undo/redo.
- All "-" characters in the description fields are removed when editing or exporting games since those can mess things up for the carousel.
- The description fields tab text is shown in bold when a description for a specific language is available.
- Support for custom translations (almost any ISO 639-1 language). The custom translation will always be added to the english description field.
- Maximum number of log files kept on disk has been reduced from 5 to 3.
- Better error handling when importing games, if an info file cannot be read properly it will show in the import dialog.
- Language support for the description field. Tabs for en, de, fr, es and it languages added. When exporting a game all languages are generated in the tsg file. The english description is used for all languages that have no text so that the carousel shows the English description for other languages also.
- Sorting in the game list is case insensitive
- Smarter file selection for downloaded zipped game files from gb64.com.
- Game count for all games and favourites are updated properly when adding/removing games, or adding/removing favourites.
- Exporting games: Removed the "favourite format" where each game had it's own folder. Added option to delete all games in the selected folder when exporting. Added option to not generate a games subfolder in the export directory.
- Importing games: Added possibility to import from a folder without a games subfolder.
- Adds two new scraper sites: gb64.com and c64.com. From both it's possible to download game files directly.
- System model is set based on scraped game from MobyGames.com (C64 or VIC-20)
- Adds option to manually crop a screenshot by moving the rectangle to crop. Useful for Vic-20 screenshots.
- Adds a "Clear all favorites" menu option if you like to do so.
- Adds CTRL + S shortcut for saving a game.
- Adds a field for "view tag" to import dialog so that you can add a custom tag for imported games (e.g. "demo" or "intro" if you import from introbase/demobase).
- .d81, .prg and .p00 files are not compressed when added to the game manager.
- Adds better logic for picking a correct entry in zip or rar files during gamebase import. Picks the first file with a file ending matching any of "d64", "t64", "prg", "p00", "d81", "d71", "x64", "g64", "tap", "crt", "vsf".
- New feature: Export games to File loader. A cjm file is generated for the system and joystick configuration.
- Re-design of the Export dialog to be able to export game list views directly.
- Adds 5 additional favorite lists (6-10).
The help documentation has been updated for exporting games.
Tip: Gamebase 64 version 17 is out (the site has already been updated, offline version is probably available soon), so now you can import a lot of new games :)out the new scraper sites. I also updated the help documentation a bit with info about the scrapers.
Please let me know if you find any issues or have ideas of improvements.
Edit: I just discovered that if you try to restore a backup created with an earlier version you will get the following exception after the restore is completed:
This is because I added new columns for the different languages in the database. If you just close the game manager and open it again the columns will be added and everything should work.
java.sql.SQLException: no such column: 'Description_de'
I have updated the documentation on the wiki (opened by F1) a bit for importing/exporting games.
- Importing games from an already existing Carousel folder (in the format the Maxi game tool defines). You can overwrite already existing games in the database or skip them, just adding missing ones.
- Add screenshots in gif, png or jpeg formats by drag-drop. You can also automatically crop the screenshots to 320x200, which is the preferred size for the carousel. It will crop out the border of a regular screenshot from Vice.
- Create custom views in the tool to look at specific games. I was inspired by the gamebase application here, you can create simple query's like "All games where title starts with A", or "All games where year is before 1987". The view definitions are stored in the database.
- Import games to the database
- Export games to a carousel folder
- Add/delete games
- backup/restore database
- Run Vice from the tool to test the games directly
- Add a scraper for fetching game info from MobyGames.
- Adds Vice button to launch Vice with the system settings specified
in the settings section.
- Allows for saving a game when changing casing of the title
- Screenshots are resized when saving to 320x200.
- Crop a screenshot always crops the center of the image.
- Vic-20 screenshots are scaled better when added.
- When editing fields the cursor stays in the right position all the time.
- Year field is a spinner now where only valid values are 1978-2021.
- Help menu item is now directed to the wiki on the github site. Help information has been updated: Help info
- Added some icons in the export dialog and scraper dialog.
Grab it while it's hot
You need the Full Version first for it to work in Linux.
You can use it in Linux(Ubuntu/Linux Mint): You should be able to now install PCU-AIO in Wine.
PCU Game Manager version 1.8.0 is available Full Download in Project Carousel USB - All In One(pcugm-1.8.0-pcu-1.4.3-aio-setup.exe), you can download the Full Version from PCU Folder: Download Here
Update using this link if you have download the full version already and copy PcuGameManager.exe and replace it in your "C:\Games\Project Carousel USB - AIO\ PCU - Game Manager folder" installation folder or use the Help tab to update PCUGM.
Full version includes Project Carousel USB and all the games are in PCUGM thats in PCUv1.3.2 and is customised for each Carousel Gamelist screen, includes all 6 screens plus Favourites Screen, PCU that included only has Favourites Screen included, all other gamelists are in PCU Game Manager, the gamelist folders are there but theirs no games inside them, you have to export them from PCUGM to PCU if you want them or install the PCU Standalone version, it has the gamelists included.
You will only need to download the full version once then use the update ink to update it but if you do need to install it again, you can now safely cause its not registered by Windows so it not in Add-remove, you can install it now over the top of it and when it installs it, install to C:\Games folder now.
How to install PCU AIO
PLEASE RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR, Right click on file and click on Run as administrator, otherwise to will fall to install and will not be able to make the desktop shortcut .ink file for PCU Game Manager.
It has two installers in it, one for PCU Game Manager and another one for Project Carousel USB to install it to your USB Stick, both will install one after another, just follow the install instructions and you can not go wrong.
Run "pcugm-1.6.0-pcu-1.3.9-aio-setup.exe" to install PCU Game Manager, you don't have to install PCU, you can cancel it after you have install PCUGM if you just want to install PCUGM only.
It will install PCUGM, in "PCU - Game Manager" folder and a back up of PCU in "PCU - Backup" folder in "C:\Games\Project Carousel USB - AIO" first, (you can change its location if you want, If you want it installed somewhere else, it dose not need to be on your C:\ drive, DO NOT install it in Program Files, you will start to have problems with Admin rights) then it will start a install for PCU to be extracted on to your USB Stick, you can cancel this if you have PCU Standalone already on your USB Stick or if you just want to install PCUGM.
It now has a desktop shortcut.lnk file that connected to "PcuGameManager.exe" thats in "PCU - Game Manager" folder that it adds to your desktop.. its called "PCU Game Manager", if you extract the files with Winrar or 7zip this will not be added, it only works in the install setup SFX.
Because its a Self Extracting Archive you can open it up with Winrar and 7zip.
PCU will install on a USB Stick/SD Card 1GB or greater.
Please have a try!
If you find any bugs please report an issue for it here: Github issues or in this thread.
For ideas and discussions you can post in this forum or here: Github discussions
For Project Carousel USB bug reports or discussions post it in its thread here: PCU Thread
lantzelot and spannernick