1. Check the current firmware version on THEC64 Mini by selecting the SYSTEM icon from the OPTIONS on the HOME screen, and then choose System information from the menu. Look for the Build version (e.g. theC64-1.0.1-argent)
2. Check that the latest version linked to above is greater than the version installed on your Mini
3.Download and save the file (e.g. theC64-1_0_5.bin) to your USB memory stick. Don’t place the file inside a folder on the stick or rename the file. If you do, THEC64 Mini won’t find the upgrade
4. Insert the USB memory stick into an unoccupied USB port on THEC64 Mini
5. Ensure you have a joystick or alternative controller connected to another USB port
6. Select the SYSTEM icon from the OPTIONS on the HOME screen on the Mini, and choose System Information
7. The upgrade file is detected and you are asked to close or apply
8. If you apply, then the upgrade begins. If you choose not to upgrade at this time, select Close and press FIRE, or just press the MENU button on the joystick
9. After a successful upgrade, your Mini will shut down and restart automatically.
10. You can check the firmware version afterwards by following point (1) above.
Note that you cannot install a firmware earlier than the build version currently installed.